ITx 2018 is a collaboration of thirteen tech-focused conferences and runs every 2 years. ITx is the premier tech conference in New Zealand and attracts the absolute best innovators, leaders and experts in our sector.
ITx is where New Zealand’s digital technology sector comes together. Running at the TSB Bank Arena complex, right in the heart of Wellington, this conference will attract delegates from right across New Zealand and in some cases, the world.
ITx focuses on innovation, technology and education and brings IT professionals, decision-makers, leaders and academics together under one roof. This is where industry, academia and government come together to network, learn and engage.
- The Institute of IT Professionals NZ (IITP), the largest body of IT Professionals in NZ
- The IT Service Management Forum (itSMF), is the only internationally recognised and independent organisation dedicated to IT Service Management.
- Computer and Information Technology Research and Education NZ (CITRENZ), the body of computing schools in the Institute of Technology and Polytech sector
- NZ Technology Industry Association (NZTech), the body representing tech companies
- NZRise, the representative body for NZ-owned digital technology companies
- Health Informatics NZ (HiNZ), getting the right information to the right person at the right time.
- Agile Day, one-day conference for Agile professionals from the creators of AgileNZ conference
- TUANZ, the representative body for ICT and communications users
- InternetNZ, the voice of the internet community
- TechCommNZ, supports, educates, and encourages technical communicators around New Zealand.
- Project Management Institute of NZ, representing PM professionals
- NZ Open Source Society (NZOSS), the body promoting Open Source Software in NZ
- IT Service Management Forum NZ, the network for IT Service Management professionals
- Health Informatics NZ, the leading body for individuals practicing in health IT
- Test Professionals Network, promoting excellence in systems and software testing
ITx 2018 also sees the return of the New Zealand Excellence in IT Awards, established in 2014, a sector-wide awards programme focusing on recognising those individuals and teams that have truly excelled in our sector. The Excellence in IT Awards will sit alongside other awards programmes in the sector but fill a much-needed gap in recognising individual excellence across software and IT.
The 2018 Excellence Awards categories have been announced and the awards are a collaboration of a dozen IT industry representative bodies – a truly sector-wide celebration.
The Excellence in IT Awards will take place as part of ITx, on the night of Thursday 12th July 2018.
Categories for the 2018 Awards
The following are the categories for the 2018 New Zealand Excellence in IT Awards. The Sector Awards represent excellence in general sector categories and may change each year, with the Supreme Awards being awarded every year.
- IT Project Excellence Award
- Excellence in Software
- Excellence in Digital Health
- Excellence in IT Service Management
- Excellence in IT Education
- Excellence in Govtech
- Excellence in Technical Communication
- Young IT Professional of the Year
- New Zealand IT Professional of the Year
The first round of Keynote presentations have now been announced, including:
Greg Sanker, CIO, Oregon Department of Administrative Services
Kaila Colbin, Futurist and Ambassador, Singularity U
Doug Kim, Snr Content Editor, Microsoft (USA)
Alexia Hibertidou, Founder, GirlBoss NZ
Julie Mohr (USA), International speaker and author
Full details on the ITx speaker page